Due to COVID-19, Carol Choir will participate in innovative choral training from August 25 through November 10 with one weekend retreat and a “reimagined” concert.
Adjusted rehearsal times are 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
New instructional components, focused on individual singer growth, are: up to two vocal coaching sessions in singer pairs with an MCCL director and a weekly “Tuneful Tip” video.
Carol Choir is an auditioned performing choir. Singers:
- sing in unison and simple part singing
- practice singing basics: proper breathing, posture, diction, healthy vocal production, basic music reading skills, and musicianship
- develop choral disciplines such as following instructions, watching the director, and choir etiquette
- learn age-appropriate music including rounds, simple melodies, hymns, and songs from other countries
- sing in concerts of excellence for the glory of God
- develop understanding of worship to God and service to the church
Late August through early May with a break in December
Tuesdays from 6:15 – 7:20 p.m.
Neffsville Mennonite Church, Lancaster
$265 per year
(plus registration fee)
Choir is a lot of fun! You learn other languages because many of the songs we sing are from other places around the world. You also make new friends.”Singer, Carol Choir