Due to COVID-19, Concert Choir will participate in innovative choral training from August 25 through November 10 with one weekend retreat and a “reimagined” concert.
Adjusted rehearsal times are 6:40 – 7:55 p.m.
New instructional components, focused on individual singer growth, are: up to two vocal coaching sessions in singer pairs with an MCCL director and a weekly “Tuneful Tip” video.
Concert Choir is an auditioned performing choir that strengthens skills learned in Carol Choir. In addition, singers:
- develop a clear choral sound with consistency throughout the vocal range
- continue musicianship and choral disciplines: sight singing, phrasing, score study, dynamics, and performance practice
- sing in two, three, and four-part harmony
- learn music of different choral styles, historical periods, languages, and cultures
- participate in a multi-day national tour
Late August through early May with a break in December
Tuesdays from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Neffsville Mennonite Church, Lancaster
$335 per year
(Plus registration fee. Additional child in family: $265)
MCCL has improved my sight reading and piano playing skills as well as my confidence. The diversity of the choir has helped me become more thoughtful of God and others. Singing with MCCL is a way to show love for God. It is an extraordinary opportunity.”Singer, Concert Choir